Good Morning, Bloggers. How was everyone’s night? I thought mine would be a calm night in. That was not the case. One of my girlfriends, Liz, called me and wanted me to go to Bookends, a fun casual bar near campus, to play pool with her and our other friend, Brandy. But who goes to the bar on a weekday, let alone a Monday? It just seemed weird but I decided, in the spirit of the new year and trying things I don’t normally do, why not? And of course, I drug my partner-in-crime and cousin, Keira Devereaux Hunter, along to keep me company. Now, Keira is quite the oddball, but in a good way, and I’ll let you know more about her later. I can’t give all the family secrets away, now can I? ;-)
Anyways, we met up Liz and Brandy at Bookends, which was surprisingly somewhat busy. (who knew?) And before I even stepped onto the front porch of the bar, drama had already erupted. Apparently Liz, God bless her soul, had locked her keys and Brandy’s keys in her car. (Shame, Shame, Lizzy, dear.) Poor Liz was beside herself and, thanks to her whole damsel-in-distress routine, had managed to wrangle a cute boy from one of her classes to come to her aid. Or so she thought. Cute mystery boy, who we found out works at as a waiter, called the campus police. Boo boo kitty to the po-po for not helping a girl in need because of their stupid ass rule that they don’t come to bars. (really? FAIL!)
Then, Mystery Boy calls some other people to see about coming to open her car for free; he pretends that Liz is his girlfriend (well we can all guess how happy she was) and says that he’s trying to be the great boyfriend by coming to the rescue. Does it work? Nope. So then M.B. pulls out the big guns and says that he’s trying to avoid a horrific argument with less than 2 hours till Valentine’s Day. (let’s tug on those heart strings, people!) And he……strikes out! So, what does Lizzy end up doing? Calling Daddy Dearest. Let’s just say that we’re all glad Liz is a total Daddy’s Girl.
Let me tell you, THAT was entertaining. I know, I know, I’m such a B. lol. Then who should walk in with only an hour till close? None other than, Alex (yes THAT Alex) and our friend, Ben. Now, automatically I have the urge to want to rip him to pieces because of the whole incident with Lexie, but I come to learn that even though Alex is a total man whore, he’s actually a pretty laid-back dude. So, I still don’t like him very much because he did make my baby sister another notch on his bedpost, but…..he’s an okay guy to play pool with at the bar.
And that was my calm casual Monday night at Bookends. Hope that gives you something to think about, whether it’s locking your keys in your car or sleeping with someone you don’t know. Lessons need to be learned, people. Well, that’s all for now, bloggers. You’ll hear from me soon. Ciao Bella. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment