Hey Bloggers, so the question I have for you today is can a guy and girl really just be friends? (Yes, Boos, we're talking about me and Devon.) Apparently, everyone in my life (except for Keira!) thinks that this absolutely cannot happen. Why not? Yes, we all know I like Devon (but it's not just for his looks....I'm serious!) but he's the one who played the friend card. And honestly, I would rather be friends with him than never talk to him again. He's a really cool guy and......we just click, I guess. Yes, we click. :-)
Take the past two days for example. I texted him Sunday night just to say hey and I got no response. (Did I freak out? No ma'am!) Then when I went to run errands before going to do some retail therapy out at the mall, he sent me a text! (yay!) Little did I know that he was working that day when I headed out to the mall. But instead of popping into his shop all smiles and flirty comments, I decided to pass by (which I'm pretty sure he saw me btw) and act like I didn't notice him working. (Cool Points!) Then we started having a little texting convo while I was out shopping and then later while I was cooking dinner. (Yes, I cook.)
Just so you bloggers know, I cooked little chicken cocktail weenies and parmesan crusted tilapia with mashed potatoes and olive oil pasta. (Yum!) And no, that was not all for me. The rents are in town for the week so I decided to spice things up. (You know I live to impress) But I digress, now, I won't blab about what exactly we talked about Monday but I will say that around bedtime he said, "I gotta take my car in early before work so i'm off to bed. Gnight." To which I responded, "Ok. Night." (See how I'm totally playing it cool? lol) And that was that........or was it? Because a few minutes later he sends another text (what?!) that says, "Sleep well". And then I said, "You too, boo. hope everything works out with the car."
Now, I may be reading too much into this but I went to sleep a happy camper when he sent me another text after he sent the goodnight text. I mean, why would you send another text after already sending a text that would appropriately end communications for the evening? hmmm? (I'm taking this as a very good sign) Then there was yesterday. I went to go take care of some work stuff out at the mall and he was working at the shop. So not just once, but twice!, I went popped in to see him. And before you freak out, bloggers, I only popped in the second time after I received the proper signals from him from the first visit (not to mention the texts between visits). That way there would be no awkwardness.
Then after I got home, Keira came over and we made mini king cakes and drank painkillers and Devon texted me again! (WhooHoo!) So there was some flirtiness going on but like I said I don't wanna get my hopes up. Hence, the "let's just be friends" game that is going on right now. And like I said, if we never bump up to more than friends, Hey. At least we're friends. Which is just fine with me.
Ok, bloggers. I've been rambling and digressing from what I was talking about. But unfortunately, I have to go take care of some business so I will talk to y'all later. Now don't forget to put in your 2 cents about anything that I say. I love to get other opinions. See you later, bloggers. Ciao Bella
No comments:
Post a Comment