Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why Can't We Be Adults?

So, bloggers. This weekend, Lexie and I went out to Bookends to hang with my girl, Gwen. We dressed cute on Friday night and Lord and behold, but who do I see? Why, none other than Jack Savage. Just a little 411....Jack is a guy that I have known for years and we've always joked around about him getting my digits only if he came up with a good pick-up line. (Let's just say, he wasn't very original) But one night while at Bookends (everything happens at  Bookends, doesn't it?), I decided to drink more than usual and Jack was there and, as usual, one thing led to another and I actually decided to see where this might go with Jack  if I keep the flirting going.

At first, I thought that there would be no follow-through, but then Jack got all up in my bubble and for a second, I thought that he was going to kiss me right there in the middle of the bar. But he surprised me and pulled me close and started slow dancing with me to the tune playing out of the jukebox in the corner of the front of the bar. Then there was the occassional grinding while we drank during the little breaks I was taking from the pool game I was playing with Lexie (which she found entertaining). But since I am a classy lady, obviously I do not get intimate in public. I'm okay with PDA but roaming hands belongs behind closed doors ;-)

Now back to our main program.....I show up to Bookends this past Friday with Lexie in tow to meet up with our friend, Liz, just to have fun and play pool. (Which I had a pretty good night at the table considering how absolutely horrific I am at it.) Anyway, while we were playing our second game, I look up and in walks Jack with a bunch of his buddies. Just to let you know, bloggers, I played it cool as ice. I kept having fun with my girls and when we eventually crossed paths, I smiled and said hey and even threw in our old pick-up line joke. And what did Jack do? He barely said 10 words to me and made sure he kept a 5 ft radius away from the rest of the night. (WTH?!)

Which now brings me to my question.....why can't we just be adults? What I mean is how difficult is it for a guy and a girl to make-out or hook-up or whatever and still just be friends? We only made-out once and now we can't even joke around like we use to? Seriously? When do we go from acting like immature teens to mature adults? Can men and women really do friends with benefits? Just some food for thought, bloggers.
Ciao Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment